Aqua Dream Warranty Details
Aqua Dream’s One-Year Limited Warranty Policy applies to all devices and accessories that are manufactured by Aqua Dream (each, a “Product”), whether such Products purchased from Aqua Dream or from one of our authorized retailers or resellers. In addition, Aqua Dream offers an Extended Warranty Policy (in the United States only), which may extend warranty coverage on all such Products.
→ This One-Year Limited Warranty Policy applies to: all electrical components such as pumps, filter pumps, LED lighting, etc.
Aqua Dream’s Five-Years Limited Warranty Policy applies to all other aquarium parts and structure manufactured by Aqua Dream (each, a “Product”), whether such Products purchased from Aqua Dream or from one of our authorized retailers or resellers. In addition, Aqua Dream offers an Extended Warranty Policy (in the United States only), which may extend warranty coverage on all such Products.
→ This Five-Years Limited Warranty Policy applies to: any aquarium parts, not mentioned above / none-electrical components, such as cabinets, cabinets' doors, aquarium hood, aquarium glass, aquarium stand, etc.
This Warranty is your exclusive remedy for defective workmanship or materials in your Product. Aqua Dream warrants that the hardware will be free from manufacturing defects and, under its intended and ordinary consumer use, will function substantially in accordance with Aqua Dream’s technical specifications or documentation (“Warranted Functionality”) for a period of one (1) year from the date your Product was delivered to you (the “Warranty Period”).
How To Start a Warranty Claim?
To get a Warranty claim started:
Contact Customer Care:
- Visit our Customer Care site. There, you’ll find specific instructions about how to begin a Warranty claim. Please have your order number, the Product serial number, and your proof of purchase handy.
Prepare your Product for Shipment:
- Pack your Product in the shipping materials (e.g., a shipping box or shipping label) we provide you to deliver your Product back to us. Once we receive your Product, we’ll determine if it has a defect or malfunction covered by our Warranty.
- If you start a warranty claim and we confirm that your Product does not perform according to its Warranted Functionality, we’ll replace, repair or refund it (in our discretion). If we replace or repair it, we’ll make sure it performs substantially in accordance to our Warranted Functionality. We may replace or repair it using new, refurbished, or remanufactured hardware and materials (in our discretion). If we replace or repair your Product, we warrant that the replacement or repaired Product will be materially free of faulty materials or workmanship for the remainder of your original Warranty Period or for 30 days after the replacement or repaired Product is delivered to you, whichever is later.
- This Warranty is solely for you as the end-user of your Product. You cannot assign or transfer this Warranty to anyone, including a subsequent purchaser, friend, or family member.
Items Outside of this Warranty. Except as expressly set forth herein, this Warranty does not cover (and Aqua Dream is not responsible for):
- Excluded Products, which include (a) resold Products, (b) Products purchased outside the jurisdictions where Aqua Dream sells Products, (c) Products not purchased directly from us or one of our authorized retailers or resellers, (d) hardware or accessories not manufactured by Aqua Dream, even if bundled or sold with Aqua Dream hardware, or (e) software, (including the firmware and any applications installed on your Product), whether licensed from Aqua Dream or any third party, which may be covered by the applicable version of our Lumin Software End User License Agreement or another software license.
- Misuse of Products, which includes (a) damage to the Product or loss of the Product resulting from an accident, theft, improper storage, misuse or abuse, mishandling, neglect, physical or electric modifications, exposure to water or other liquids, exposure to moisture, exposure to extreme conditions (e.g., heat, dirt or sand), (b) use with an unsuitable product not sold or licensed by Aqua Dream, (c) use with inadequate ventilation, (d) use by children under 14, (e) circumvention of our security mechanisms, (f) reverse engineering, (g) defects or damage from viruses or other software problems introduced into the Product, (h) defects or damage caused by unauthorized repairs, and (i) any other use that is not in compliance with the recommendations in this document, our online materials, related documentation, and other user materials made available to you. We presume any cosmetic damage (e.g., scratches) resulted from misuse, abuse, or failure to operate the Product as instructed.
- Wear and Tear of Products, which includes damage resulting from normal wear and tear and normal depletion of parts (e.g., batteries) unless occurring due to defective workmanship or materials in the hardware of your Product. For example, only batteries that leak or exhibit fully charged capacity below a certain threshold of the actual rated capacity will be considered defective for purposes of this Warranty.
- This Warranty will be void and your Product will be ineligible for authorized repair (even for a fee) if you (a) circumvent any of our security mechanisms, (b) resell your Product, (c) remove the serial number or any legal notices from the Product, (d) use the Product in violation of any laws or your agreements with us, or (e) violate the How to Start a Warranty Claim instructions in this Warranty or any instructions provided by our Customer Care team.
Disclaimer and Limited Liability. Nothing in this section will limit or exclude liability that cannot be limited or excluded under applicable law. For our International Friends, that means this section may not apply to you. Please refer to the special terms below for provisions that may apply in your jurisdiction.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY Aqua Dream PROVIDES FOR THE PRODUCTS, AND THE ABOVE REMEDY IS YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, Aqua Dream EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, THE WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, Aqua Dream IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU: (a) UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO, COMPROMISE OR CORRUPTION OF DATA), OR (b) FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCTS OR THIS WARRANTY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOSS OF DATA OR ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION STORED IN THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER OR NOT Aqua Dream HAS BEEN ADVISED OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, Aqua Dream’S TOTAL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCTS OR THIS WARRANTY WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU ACTUALLY PAID Aqua Dream, OUR AFFILIATES OR OUR AUTHORIZED RETAILERS FOR THE PRODUCTS.
If your jurisdiction gives you any implied warranty, then to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the duration of such implied warranty is limited to the Warranty Period. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation may not apply to you. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Any customer support we elect to provide is provided “as-is” and without warranty of any kind.
- This Warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights based on your jurisdiction. This Warranty does not affect the rights you’re provided by your jurisdiction concerning the sale of consumer goods. International Friends, see our special terms for more details.
- No employees or representatives of Aqua Dream (or its affiliates or any third party) are authorized to modify this Warranty. If any term of this Warranty is held to be unenforceable, the remaining terms of this Warranty will remain in full force and effect.
Repairs Outside of Warranty:
- If you purchased a new Product from us or from one of our authorized retailers or resellers and your Product is not covered by this Warranty, please contact our Customer Care team. While we cannot accept a return or exchange, we may be able to send you a quote for repairing your Product. Most importantly, we want to know what happened and make sure you’re happy with your experience. To that end, we reserve the right to keep your Product if you elect not to pay for a repair and we determine (in our discretion) the Product is a safety hazard or cannot be used as intended without repair.